This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeforeDifferin #CollectiveBias
I had no acne issues as a child and rarely had any breakouts as a young adult. I never really imagined that my skin would change as I aged. After having two wonderful children, my hormones and stress levels must have messed with my pores. This year, breakouts have become more consistent. I started researching why the sudden issues and how I could help. Today I am sharing my top tips for treating your acne problem.
Six Ways To Help Relieve Acne
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day – There are many reasons you should be drinking water, but if you are a heavy coffee drinker like me, water can help level out your skin’s pH that the caffeine is throwing off.
- Exercise to lower stress levels – Everyone has stress in their life; finding a way to manage it can improve many things including acne, so exercise is a stress reliever for me. I find keeping a log of my workouts and diet very helpful.
- Clean eating by avoiding sugar – Sugar produces excess oil; I focus on eating a balanced diet with a limit on sugar.
- Cleanse skin – Use a gentle face cleanser to remove daily dirt, makeup and oil.
- Apply acne treatment – Using an effective acne medicine is necessary for treating and preventing breakouts. I am excited that Differin® Gel is now available over the counter!
- Moisturize skin – To soothe skin, combat itch and relieve dryness, use a balanced moisturizer daily. This helps to get affected skin from becoming irritated.
Healthy lifestyle: hydrate, clean diet and exercise
Living a healthy lifestyle has been shown to be beneficial to acne-prone skin, including following a low-glycemic diet, staying physically fit, keeping hydrated, and getting adequate rest.
Skincare routine: cleanse, treat and moisturize
It is important to cleanse your acne area effectively before applying any acne treatment. I suggest incorporating Differin® Balancing Cleanser into your skincare routine. Then instead of using spot treatment products, use Differin® Gel because it contains the multi-benefit dermatologist recommended retinoid, Adapalene. Lastly you want to make sure you hydrate the skin with a moisturizer. I have found that combining all three Differin® products works best.
Prescription Strength Retinoid Now Available Over The Counter
The newest advancement and ingredient in over the counter acne in over 30 years is Differin® Gel! It can be found in the beauty/facial cleanser section of your local Walmart.
Differin® Gel has a long-standing heritage as an acne treatment. It is exciting that this proven acne treatment is now easily found on the acne aisle allowing anyone who has issues with mild to moderate acne the ability to use Differin® Gel. It clears breakouts from deep in the pores where they start, and as a result, restores the tone and texture of your skin. Then it prevents further breakouts before they begin.
The Differin Difference Test
There is nothing more helpful than seeing real results. I recently had a bad acne breakout on my face and upper back, so I decided to put Differin® Gel to the test. Below is my #BeforeDifferin photo. Check back in 8 weeks to see my personal results that these tips along with Differin® Gel have made.
Do you have acne or breakout issues? If so, how do you manage it? Are you excited to find out that NEW Differin® Gel is available at Walmart?
This product is dermatologist developed and tested. Please call 1-866-735-4137 for any questions you may have concerning the product. However, should you experience any problems while using the product, please discontinue use and consult your healthcare provider.