If I could have any dessert it would be a cookie; well a handful of cookies! I think my love for cookies has been passed down to my kids because they ask for cookies at random time – the other day in the middle of me reading their bedtime story. So I promised them that we would make some cookies the next day. I try to eat whole grains whenever possible, so I wanted to see how a whole wheat cookie would turn out. I am happy to announce that these turned out better than I imagined. They were so soft and chewy!
What I used:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, soft, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Truvia baking blend sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
What I did:
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars together in the bowl of a stand mixer until well blended. Add egg , beating well into sugar / butter mixture. Beat in vanilla.
- Mix in the flour and beat on low speed until everything is evenly combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll golf ball sized balls out of the dough and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes until just golden.