This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AfterDifferin #CollectiveBias
Differin® Gel is the first and only prescription-strength retinoid currently available over the counter for clearing and preventing acne. It’s the newest advancement and ingredient in the OTC acne category in over 30 years!
I was excited that Differin® Gel became available at my local Walmart, so eight weeks ago, I added to my skincare routine three new products: Differin® Balancing Cleanser, Differin® Balancing Moisturizer and Differin® Gel. I am thrilled to report how happy I am to use the Differin® products. Please use caution when using Differin® Gel with more than one acne treatment or glycolic acid product because this could lead to irritation.
As a mom with acne problems, I have found a few daily habits that help keep my acne under control.
5 daily habits to prevent acne
- Apply makeup sparingly. The older I get, the more I realize that there is no need for makeup. And when I do elect to apply some to my face, I avoid foundation and blush and opt for products like mascara and lip gloss.
2. Stay Hydrated. Sip on water throughout the day to ensure your body receives enough healthy fluids to stay hydrated. Water helps eliminate toxins in your body that can cause blemishes.
3. Start using a retinoid. Apply Differin® Gel to your entire face, not just acne affected or prone areas. The benefit of using Differin® Gel is that it clears breakouts where they start (deep in the pores), prevents breakouts before they begin, and as a result, restores skin’s texture and tone. This is not used in the same way as a spot treatment, which I find to be great. You should apply a thin layer all over the area, once a day, every day. *It’s important to continue using Differin® Gel as part of your skincare routine, even after your skin looks clear; this will help prevent future breakouts.
4. Relax. Carve out 30 minutes of your day to relax and just find some inner calmness. Studies show that stress has a link to acne or pimples, so take a break each day even if it is brief!
5. Exercise. Though it is good to take some time to relax, it is also important to exercise. Exercise is great for you in a number of ways, and it even helps with clearing skin. Remember to shower and wash your face after exercise.
I hope these tips will help you find the skin you are looking for and eliminate your acne for good! Go to Differin.com to get $2 off Differin® Gel and use it on your next shopping trip to Walmart!
I have been using Differin® Gel for eight weeks. Here are my before and after face photos.
Disclosure: This product is dermatologist developed and tested. Please call 1-866-735-4137 for any questions you may have concerning the product. However, should you experience any problems while using the product, please discontinue use and consult your healthcare provider.