We love exploring Orlando. And each time we visit, we pick a few attractions to see and a new hotel to stay it. Recently we stayed at the Hilton Orlando while spending some time at SeaWorld and I-Drive 360. It is a beautiful hotel located in the heart of Orlando’s International Drive, making it the perfect choice for our family vacation.
Here are our top 5 reasons why we recommend staying at Hilton Orlando:
- Central Location with easy access to the I-Ride Trolley
- Large comfortable accommodations
- Huge fitness center making it easy to maintain your workout
- An amazing pool oasis with lazy river and outdoor recreation
- Club level creates the perfect family vacation
1. Perfect location for visiting all the top attractions Orlando has to offer.
The Hilton Orlando is in the heart of everything. Some of Orlando’s best local attractions are just a walking distance away. The I-Ride Trolley is also easy to take advantage of when staying here. Check out just how close you are to things when staying here:
- I-Drive Entertainment – 1 min.
- Pointe Orlando – 2 mins. (1.2 miles)
- Discovery Cove – 7 mins. (1.2 miles)
- Aquatica – 4 mins. (1.25 miles)
- SeaWorld® Orlando – 6 mins. (2.3 miles)
- I-Drive 360: Orlando Eye & Madam Tussauds – 6 mins. (2.7 miles)
- Universal Orlando® – 8 mins. (5.6 miles)
- Orlando Premium Outlets – Vineland Ave. – 12 mins. (4.6 miles)
- Orlando Premium Outlets- International Drive – 12 mins. (4.9 miles)
- Walt Disney World Resort – 10 mins. (6.9 miles)
- Mall at Millenia – 13 mins. (7 miles)
- Amway Center – 15 mins. (13.1 miles)
- Downtown Orlando – 17 mins. (14.1 miles)
- Legoland Florida – 46 mins. (40.6 miles)
2. Guest rooms are perfect for families
The guest rooms at Hilton Orlando are oversized featuring one king or two queen beds. Each room has a large flat screen TV, workspace, chair, upscale bathroom amenities, a granite bathroom vanity, and spacious shower/tub combo. The hotel also offers hypoallergenic rooms that have improved air quality and Executive rooms that have additional amenities and access to the Executive Club Room. On our visit, we stayed in an Executive Queen room and loved the comfortable yet luxurious feeling.
3. The Hilton Orlando offers a large 24/7 fitness center with everything we need
It is easy to keep up with our fitness routine while vacationing at The Hilton Orlando. The 24-hour Fitness Center has cardio, strength, functional and free-weight fitness equipment by Precor. Fitness centers are important things that we consider when choosing a hotel. The Hilton Orlando gym makes our list as one of the best hotel gyms in Orlando! We have a more detailed post showing our photos of the gym here.
4. Hilton Orlando pool offers fun and relaxation in the sun for everyone in the family
The Hilton Orlando has a beautiful large zero-entry swimming pool that is temperature-controlled year-round. There is a winding water slide, a whirlpool hidden among the palm trees, and an all time favorite, lazy river! The lazy river is 892-foot long winding around the pool area with waterfalls, water cannons, and fountains. The Tropics Pool Bar & Grill offers food and drinks. There are plenty of lounge chairs around the pool and lazy river as well as six cabanas that are available to rent. There is a pool table near Tropics and right outside the pool gate is the firepit. Since it was pretty cold one night of our stay we enjoyed using our smores kit for a sweet treat by the fire!
5. The Executive Lounge adds a special touch to your stay
We love to upgrade to Executive and Club level rooms when it fits into our budget. The convenience and added value typically exceeds the added cost. Same holds true with the Hilton Orlando Executive Rooms. These rooms are just as perfect for families as they are couples or business travelers looking for an upgraded experience. The Executive Lounge is family friendly and offers daily complimentary continental breakfast with evening hors d’oeuvres.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more family travel inspiration.
DISCLOSURE: This post was written in collaboration with Visit Orlando and Hilton Orlando. As always, all opinions and fun are my own and unbiased. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. All photos & video are mine and cannot be used without permission.