LEGOLAND Florida has added a new hotel to their resort. The LEGOLAND Beach Retreat is the latest addition of awesomeness. The hotel opened April 7, 2017. We had the pleasure of being the first guests in bungalow 1044 of the Sailor’s Cove. After two days at this beach themed village we have lots to share. Everything you want to know and see about the Legoland Beach Retreat is here.
LEGOLAND Beach Retreat Coves
Designed to look like larger-than-life LEGO sets, the property has 83 single story LEGO bungalows. The bungalows are arranged in horseshoe-shaped groups that the hotel calls coves. Each cove is named for a LEGO Minifigure.
Though the coves have different names and colors the interiors of all rooms are themed the same. Within each cove there is its own outdoor playground in perfect view of the front patios at each bungalow.
The LEGOLAND Beach Retreat dining
Sandy’s Castle Restaurant is located inside the Lighthouse featuring a bountiful menu of entrees, sides, and desserts designed to please the palates of kids and grownups alike. Breakfast (free to all guests), lunch, and dinner are available without reservations. Bricks Beach Bar offers an eclectic menu of made-to-order food, take-out pizza, and creative cocktails served both poolside and indoors.
A giant heated zero-entry swimming pool is located at The Lighthouse, with an adjacent sandy area perfect for building sandcastles and playing volleyball. There are life vests available to use and the oversized lego block floats are fun to play and build with in the water. The resort’s biggest playground is located within the gates of the pool.
There is no lobby or front desk
The most unique/unusual feature about the LEGOLAND Beach Retreat is that here is no lobby or front desk. The entrance is a drive-through check-in window. This allows you to check in from your vehicle then go straight to your cove parking lot and head to the bungalow all within minutes of arriving. Guest Service staff members are available at a window located inside The Lighthouse next to Palm Tree Traders. After regular operating hours, calls to Guest Services are then forwarded to the drive-through check-in windows, which are staffed 24 hours a day.
The LEGOLAND Beach Retreat hotel rooms
The 166 separate rooms sleep up to five guests. Each room is approximately 275 square feet. There are eight ADA-accessible rooms available for guests with disabilities. None of the bungalows are connecting with interior doors. All rooms include a mini-fridge (not stocked), a safe, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, and hairdryer. There is a flat-screen TV offering major networks including popular kid channels like Disney Junior, Nick Jr and the Cartoon Network.
LEGOLAND Beach Retreat Guest Benefits:
1. You will get to enter the LEGOLAND Florida Theme Park early, with exclusive use of some of the most popular attractions, including the all-new LEGO NINJAGO® World and LEGO NINJAGO The Ride. *But note the water park doesn’t open early.
2. A breakfast buffet at Sandy’s Castle Restaurant is included for everyone with each night’s stay. The buffet has hot and cold items from cereal and pastries to eggs and sausage.
3. Since the beach retreat is not within walking distance to the park, all guests have complimentary transportation to the theme park entrance or can take advantage of complimentary parking in LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s main parking lot if you prefer to drive.
4. Free high speed Wi-Fi is accessible throughout the entire property, both indoors and out.
5. Kids can create contribute their own original creations to a giant sandcastle made out of thousands of LEGO bricks. This was a favorite for our kids.
LEGOLAND Florida Beach Retreat Hotel
100 Legoland Way
Winter Haven, Fl 33884 (For GPS purposes, 2913 Register Road SE, Winter Haven, FL 33884 is the most accurate, as some mapping and navigation services may not identify the correct location for several months.)
I want to inspire you to travel! Whether you explore your city, state or the world, just get out and see, do and eat new things! And I strive to encourage women to pursue their dreams. In addition to my favorite job of being the mother to two crazy little kids, I am the Digital Editor for a local magazine publisher, a freelance travel writer, and manage digital marketing for small businesses. Let's connect!
Affiliate advertising is used throughout this site. Affiliate ads allow us to earn a small commission on bookings or products you may make but they do not incur any extra cost to you. These earnings help to keep this website running.