For now, I am just building up my remote work.
There are so many variations of how to live a location independent lifestyle. As much as I would love to be digital nomads on an around the world trip, it’s not realistic for my situation as a single mom. For now, I am diligently building up my remote work so that I can travel, play and explore with my kids, family and friends.
Why I Decided to Exit The “Rat Race”?
The crazy thing about the rat race is that I did not realize I was in it until I made the conscious decision to leave it. For most of us who have been raised in the United States, this is so deeply ingrained in us that we rarely stop to even question whether there is another way. Habits like long commutes, 30 minute rushed lunches, meeting about meetings that do not include time to rest or family time or even fresh air have become a way of life that can seem like an overwhelming challenge for change. But when you consider the reasons to change, it all becomes clear.
- Life is too short to not enjoy each day.
- I was tired of not having control of my time and income.
- I’ve sacrificed too many moments with my kids.
- My success was controlled by others.
- I have wasted so much time commuting.
- I watched for years less qualified people get the promotions.
- If I died today, I would not have seen or done 1/4 of the things I desire.
- And way too much emphasis is put on material things instead of moments with people.
Do you fill your cup with intention?
I hope to inspire you to live more authentically, try new things, and encourage you to think about your dreams. It may even make you consider making drastic and scary decisions. Read about my moment here.
But if your thoughts get this far, then mostly likely you are longing to have more in life than what you are doing now. You may be like me, ready to stop working all day on someone else’s schedule for someone else’s dream. You may have a dream that you are not working towards. I challenge you to do something different. Even if it is changing your coffee or use a new cup. Life is messy and dreams are real. Embrace it all. Breathe it all in. Experience life – don’t just walk through it.