Zota Beach Resort Dining: Breakfast, lunch & dinner served at Viento Kitchen & Bar
Longboat Key now has a wonderful full service restaurant with a beautiful view of the gulf. Led by Executive Chef Jason Pellet, Viento Kitchen & Bar is located on the second floor of the Zota Beach Resort. The open-air lounge sets the atmosphere for one of the refreshing cocktails while the dramatic floating wine wall hints at an impressive wine selection. The overall menu has a combined culinary influence of Florida, Caribbean and Mediterranean flavors. You can view the full menus here.
The Viento Kitchen & Bar is located in the new Zota Beach Resort. Read all about my visit to the new Zota Beach Resort
Breakfast on Longboat Key
The breakfast menu at Viento Kitchen & Bar is appealing to everyone. Whether you want to start your day with something light and healthy or need some extra sweetness to get going, this menu will satisfy. I am usually not one to be impressed with breakfast nor care to elaborate on a morning meal but Zota Beach Resort has such a variety of healthy options, I want to share.
Here are all the breakfast menu items I tried during my visit at Zota Beach Resort. I can honestly say that they were all delicious. My favorite was the smoked salmon, so I enjoyed it twice!
- Mini Viento Parfait – orange scented ricotta, golden honey quinoa granola, fresh berry compote
- Seasonal Fruit & Berries: – vanilla yogurt, crunchy granola
- Smoked Salmon: served with red onion, tomato, hard-boiled egg, capers, toasted bagel, cream cheese (the second time I opted to have it on a fresh croissant)
- Greek Flatbread: fried egg, arugula, avocado, roma tomatoes, scallions, feta cheese
- Viento Muffin: fried egg, grilled Italian sausage, roasted tomato basil sauce, mozzarella cheese, griddled English muffin
- Viento Omelet: three eggs, Italian sausage, tomato compote, caramelized onions, mozzarella cheese
- Sunrise Bowl two eggs, sunny side up, grilled sausage, roasted grape tomatoes, quinoa, kale, spicy chili aioli
- Roy’s Hash two eggs, any style, crispy fingerling potatoes, Applewood smoked bacon, sausage, onions, fontina cream sauce
Lunch on Longboat Key at Cascades Pool Bar & Cabanas
The infinity edge pool at the Zota Beach Resort is not only beautiful, it is relaxing. You can spend an entire day here and not have to move because of the wonderful service from the Cascades Pool Bar. Better yet, rent one of the cabanas. There are eight cabanas total. We had the corner cabana for lunch with delicious strawberry margaritas. So not only did we dine out of the shade on comfy lounge furniture, we had a nice breezy view.
The Cascades Pool Bar menu is small but tasty and exactly the lunch you are probably looking for when sitting at the pool on a sunny Florida day. Here are the items I enjoyed from the menu:
- Grilled Alaskan Salmon Salad blend of romaine, field greens, tomatoes, asparagus, crumbled feta, shoestring potatoes, balsamic dressing
- Grilled Steak Salad crisp iceberg wedge, cucumbers, roasted grape tomatoes, scallions, crumbled gorgonzola, creamy horseradish dressing
- Maine Lobster Sliders crispy pancetta, pickled fennel, mango, arugula, warm challah rolls
- Luau Grouper blackened, caramelized onions, shredded iceberg, tomatoes, key lime remoulade, griddled pina colada bread
- The Club roasted chicken, candied bacon, heirloom tomatoes, crisp iceberg, aged provolone, avocado aioli, whole wheat toast
- Bison Gone Wild natural bison burger, candied Applewood smoked bacon, pickled shallots, fontina cheese, ciabatta roll
(The Club roasted chicken, candied bacon, heirloom tomatoes, crisp iceberg, aged provolone, avocado aioli, whole wheat toast)
Dinner on Longboat Key at Viento
I had the opportunity to try a number of appetizers from the Viento Kitchen & Bar menu. Some starters I reccommend are the Grass-Fed Beef Carpaccio, Maine Lobster Sliders, Calamari Fritto, Burrata Bruchetta, and Chicken Quesadilla Bites.
(Burrata Bruschetta- parma prosciutto, creamy burrata cheese, tomato basil compote, toasted ciabatta bread)
(Maine Lobster Sliders- crispy pancetta, pickled fennel, mango, arugula, warm challah rolls)
The dinner menu at Viento offers everything from scallops to lamb. I enjoyed a wine pairing menu with bites from 8 main dishes. The Espresso Bone-In Ribeye and Seared Sea Scallops were my two favorites.
(Seared U-10 Sea Scallops served ontop creamy ratatouille parmesan risottond perfectly paired with a White Blend, Conundrum, from California.)
(Veal Chop al Forno lightly breaded, heirloom tomatoes, melted mozzarella, and herbed riscossa spaghettini served with Caymus a Cabernet Sauvignon of Napa Valley.)
I am not a huge fan of desserts with exception to two things: creme brulee, tarty pies and anything nut flavored. So I was delighted to see a mix of these flavors. But the pistachio gelato was by far my favorite. So much I ordered it from room service the last night!
The Viento Kitchen & Bar is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Valet and self parking is available at the hotel.
at the Zota Beach Resort
4711 Gulf of Mexico Drive,
Longboat Key, Florida 34228
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more family travel inspiration.
Disclosure: The meals at Viento Kitchen & Bar was complimentary but the opinions and deliciousness expressed are all my own. This is not a sponsored post.