Disney’s Contemporary Resort – A Review
We stay at alot of hotels. Considering that number, I do very few pure hotel reviews here – I am a big TripAdvisor contributor and I think it is a fabulous resource if you’re just looking for a number of reviews to read. But some hotels are just so family friendly or stand out that I like to show them off and keep them in my world of inspiration. Disney Resorts seem to always provide one of those special family stays, and our visit to Disney’s Contemporary Resort did not disappoint. We especially love the location!
Our favorite Walt Disney Resort is still the Beach Club by far. Read the 4 Reasons Why We Love Disney’s Beach Club
Our Overall Impression
Disney’s Contemporary Resort is one of the Deluxe Walt Disney Resorts. It definitely earns a top notch hotel title like all the other deluxe Disney resorts we have stayed at.
Our favorite reason for loving the Contemporary Resort is that the monorail runs right through it. We never had more than a couple of minutes wait, then we hopped on and went straight to Magic Kingdom or the TTC (ticket & transportation center) to get to Epcot. We also enjoy catching a ride on the monorail to visit the other monorail resorts (Grand Floridian and Polynesian) for some non-theme park fun.
- Theme park access by monorail, boat, bus and walking trail to Magic Kingdom
- Movies under the stars nightly
- water recreational activities available
- splash pad
- movie under the stars
- 5 restaurants +4 bars + coffee bar
- gift shops
- fitness center
- jogging trail
- conference center
We reserved a room in the Garden Wing. These rooms have the benefit of being quiet and away from the hustle of the atrium. If you are wanting the convenience of being very close to the action or hoping to gain a view of the castle then you will need to get an atrium room.
- Free wifi
- in room safe (small)
- coffee maker with coffee/condiments
- mini refrigerator
- hair dryer
- iron/ironing board
- comfy beds
- desk with plenty of plug ins
The Contemporary Resort has five restaurants, two are very popular: Chef Mickey’s and California Grill. I highly recommend experiencing both regardless of where you stay and make sure to make reservations well in advance.I am a fan of the Wave bar. Great drinks and American dishes.
My kids love the Contempo Cafe…pizza, sandwiches a grab and go cooler plus fresh baked desserts and ice cream! Both are also solid dining choices that rarely get the accolades they deserve. The pool also has a quick service snack bar. So plenty of food choices while staying here.
Just a few negatives
In no way did these negatives cause us to have any form of a bad time. But it is rare that anything is perfect, so I like to be honest and share the cons along with all the pros.
- The bugs. I am not sure if it was the time of year we went or it is due to how close it is to that particular body of water but the bugs are insane.
- The elevators are small. If you have a big family or lots of luggage or a jogging stroller you will probably need two elevators. And the elevators were super slow during our stay.
- Lack of Disney “Magic”. This is a completely personal opinion that will probably not be viewed the same by many, but the Contemporary Resort does not provide the same wonderful Pixie Dust Magic feeling that I get from all other resorts. The over-the-top Disney love is not packed in here as much as I anticipate when staying onsite.
So check out the availability and rate at the Contemporary Resort when you are planning your next Disney Vacation. If you are planning a few days at the Magic Kingdom it just may be the perfect accommodations for your family!
And while you are planning, here is our favorite non-theme park activity at Disney World – Renting Surrey Bikes!
This was NOT a sponsored post. I am just sharing my travel experience and my family’s love for Disney. All opinions are my own.